Advisory from Worksafe New Zealand

Two models of bathroom heater prohibited

28 July 2014

[image] Two models of bathroom heater prohibited.
Energy Safety has prohibited the use and sale of two models of Goldair branded wall mounted bathroom fan heaters because they have caused a number of fires.

The two heaters affected by the prohibition have the model numbers 3108 or 3109 on the back and match these images shown. These heaters are likely to have been installed three or more years ago. This prohibition does not affect any other Goldair Bathroom Heaters, so please expressly check your heater first (to the images shown).

Consumers should immediately cease to use the heater.
The importer of these heaters is no longer trading. However, as a goodwill gesture, the current NZ importer and distributor of Goldair is offering free replacement heaters to consumers with affected heaters. The removal and installation of the heaters is at the consumers cost.

Consumers must use a licenced electrical worker to remove the unit. To take up the replacement offer, the electrician will need to cut off the power cord for you to return it along with the rating label (shown) to Goldair. The heater should then be destroyed. It must not be reused or resold.
Send the power cord and rating label (shown) to Goldair with return name and address details and a new model Goldair bathroom heater will be sent back.

Contact Goldair
PO Box 100707,NSMC Auckland
0800 232 633 between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday


EOI 14 May 2014


New Zealand Residence Programme
Fortnightly Selection Statistics – 14 May 2014

The most recent selection of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) under the Skilled Migrant Category took place on 14 May 2014.

• 463 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 140 or more;

• 136 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140, and included points for offers of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand.

As a result, 599 EOIs representing 1,214 people were selected and will now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.

There are 848 EOIs in the pool after the selection.

PDF version